I wasn't always a reader. In fact, I didn't really like reading when I was growing up, because as an immigrant to the USA, and as a kid, when my teacher would go around the class, asking the kids to read out loud, I would feel a pit in my stomach and stress out when it was my turn.
I hated having the spotlight on me, and watching heads turn, while I stumbled over my words as I was working on my pronunciation. I felt embarrassed and so much slower than all the other kids around me. I was self-conscious about not feeling as smart as I thought they were, because of that. So I would, in a way, try to avoid reading books when I could.
Instead, I always liked telling stories and using my own imagination to create storylines and characters, where I felt like no one else but me, knew how the story would end. My mom would tell me that I had quite the imagination and would entertain her with my ideas. Thanks, Mom!
But, it wasn't until I was much older, that I found books more interesting. I found a book niche that really captured my attention because it inspired me to expand who I was, build new skills, improve my life, and ultimately encourage me to change my own trajectory.
So, without further adieu, here are a few of the books that have changed my life, and the lives of thousands of others around the world. I'd love to hear which are your favorites.
1.Chillpreneur: The New Rules for Creating Success, Freedom, and Abundance on Your Terms by Denise Duffield Thomas
2. The 4 Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris
3. The Alchemist: A Fable about Following Your Dream by Paulo Coelho (International Bestseller)
4. Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington (#1 New York Times Bestseller)
5. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (Getting out of debt) - NYT Bestselling author
6. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (#1 New York Times Bestseller)
7. Eat That Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and get more done in less time by Brian Tracy
8. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl (Over 12 million copies sold worldwide)
9. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Over 15 million copies sold worldwide)
10. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom - A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz (New York Times Best-seller for over a decade)
11. As a Man Thinketh: A Book That Will Help You Help Yourself
12. We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman's Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power by Rachell Rogers
Download this powerful (and free) audio training to learn 5 proven strategies to bring your biggest dreams into reality and get the results you desire.